bike
CHILDREN'S SEE ALL
bike
BIKE FIT READ MORE
bike
RENTALS READ MORE

Algarve Cycle Camp

Home Forums General Algarve Cycle Camp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Grant Goudge

Once again in the spirit of group travel and the success and enjoyment had at GFNY.

I am proposing a cycle camp in Portugal around the time of the GFNY.

if anybody is interested we can talk about it.

http://www.marinadelagos.pt/images/wide_1.jpg

Belinda

I’m very interested, so keep me up to date.

Bicycle Works
    Keymaster

I am anticipating the middle of May. 5-6 riding days. Accommodation can depend on numbers and preference. If we get 5-6 people maybe a villa that we share.

Villa example

Belinda

Looks smashingly nice…

I see that there is a lift for you as well Grant. I may possibly be able to do this trip, at least I haven’t been told no outright anyway.

More info required, will there be brochure put together by the “Bicycle Works travel department”.

Grant Goudge

Dates 12-20th May 2017,

$1800- $2200 flights and accommodation.

Details to be confirmed by January and costs will be relevant to numbers.

So there is a “Travel Coordinator” at Bicycle Works. Definitely sounds doable, pencil me in for the trip.

You did a fab job with the food last time, I am looking forward to the culinary delights of the “Algarve”.

Belinda

I’m just getting provisional permission from the powers that be

Grant Goudge

Insight into the area. Will finalize numbers and take deposits in January.

Portagee Cycling

Grant Goudge

Having just returned from a week checking routes/accommodation/restaurants. It’s safe to say this trip will not disappoint.
    I can provide GPX files for routes and riders will have the option to ride full distance with full support or select shorter distance routes if they prefer an easy day.

Rides will be between 100-160km, generally leaving the afternoon to relax and enjoy the many attractions the area has to offer.

Relive an Algarve Ride

Deposit. I will need $500 to reserve your spot by January 30th

All are welcome non riding partners also welcome at $650 for the weeks accommodation and airport transfers.

If using a cheque for the deposit, to whom would one make it out to. For air travel what is the preferred carrier. BA to Gatwick then on to Portugal, or American, or ? I know you have tried a few.

Grant Goudge

You can make it payable to me or Bicycle Works. Will check connections, BA is good outgoing but most times does not connect with a same day return. Monarch normally lines up but they charge for baggage 30GBP each way.
    So most times if you go direct BA. There by midday the following day after the evening Bermuda departure, but you will need to overnight at Gatwick on the return. Will assist in the New Year when those have committed with deposits.

Any updates, have you been overwhelmed with responses ?

Bicycle Works
    Keymaster

3 deposits including yourself. 3 more said they are definitely in.

Bicycle Works
    Keymaster

of interest as usual we innovate

Huffington Post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Bicycle Works on Google Maps

Click anywhere outside the map to close this pop-up.